I get asked a lot about different free software products. Here are some of my recommendations. Most of these I do use.
1. Free virus checker for phones called Lookout. It works with many phones and free. http://www.mylookout.com/
AVG Mobilation (Droid) – http://free.avg.com/us-en/antivirus-for-android.tpl-crp
2. Spybot search and destroy – http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html
4. Video Converter – http://www.formatoz.com/
5. Brainstorming/MindMapping Free Online – http://bubbl.us/
6. Charts – Free Charting/Diagrams – http://www.lovelycharts.com/
7. Doodle – Free Polls/Schedules/Events- http://doodle.com/
8. FoxIt – Alternative to PDF Reader (cross-platform) – http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/reader/
9. Google Docs – Mobile capabilities – http://docs.google.com
10. Paint.Net — Photo Editing Program (Open Source) – http://www.paint.net/
11. Photoshop Like Editing Online – http://splashup.com/
12. Screenr – Screen Recording – http://screenr.com/ (note: you need a twitter account)
13. CamStudio – Screen Recording – Open source software – http://camstudio.org/
14. Screen-O-Matic – Screen Recording – http://www.screencast-o-matic.com/
15. Zoho – Mobile Capabilities- http://www.zoho.com
16. Fireshot – Cross browser screen shot – http://screenshot-program.com/fireshot/
Many of these are listed on http://ninite.com/ – NiNite offers a way to create one installer. Just check the boxes of the software you want, and then click “Get Installer” button at the bottom of the screen. Also note that NiNite strips out the ads that often come with software, such as Yahoo toolbar.
Please continue to check back as I add to the list.